two kitties!? (and luck to Harpsie)

  • akristaakrista@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
      Thanks, Helen. I'm sorry to hear that Harpsie is having troubles and
      I hope things take a turn for the better.

      Wow, I hadn't thought of TWO kittens! It was enough trying to get my
      partner Tina to agree to getting ONE! I'll propose the idea tonight,
      however, and see what happens. I don't really know if Katarina will
      feel better about that. . . she may feel outnumbered! We went to Bide-
      A-Wee yesterday but didn't fall in love with any kitties - we're
      planning to go to a different location on Friday afternoon. We're
      both still quite depressed but I'm confident that the new little one
      will cheer us up considerably.

      -Krista

      --- In feline-heart@y..., "Helen" <helenandcats@n...> wrote:
      > I've been thinking of you, Krista, I'm sorry I didn't write but
      Harpsie's
      > had me worried lately. I know you are in pain, but I'm glad you are
      at least
      > starting to accept that your decision was not the wrong one. You
      acted out
      > of love, so how could it be?
      >
      > I agree, two kittens might be a good idea.
      >
      > Comforts
      >
      > Helen, Harpsie, Indie and Karma, and Angels Tanya, George and Thomas
      >
      > > Thank you, each and everyone of you, for helping me feel better
      about
      > > our decision with Bailey. I really do feel better - sometimes you
      > > just need someone else to tell you that you did the right thing!
      > >
      > > It was lovely yesterday at the Hartsdale Pet Cemetary and we
      brought
      > > Bailey's ashes home in a nice little tin. The people there are so
      > > professional and it was a very nice send-off for the little guy.
      > >
      > > On happier notes, Katarina is thrilled to be an only child again.
      > > Little does she know she'll soon have a little kitten around to
      > > torture her! We've decided we definitely want another ball of fur
      > > rolling around the place, after we've had a few more days to
      grieve
      > > fully for Bail. By next weekend I think we'll be a two cat family
      > > again.
      > >
      > > -Krista

    • diane
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        Krista,

        I found that with one kitten, they tend to latch onto one adult. Or in the
        case of Kali, terrorize each adult. :)

        The only time we had more than one was when we got The Kids, who were
        pretty feral. They eventually formed relationships with either themselves
        or another cat in the house, but didn't seem to latch on as bad as I've
        seen before.

        I would have gotten two last year after Kearra died but that would have put
        us back to 7 which is an awful lot.

        I'd highly suggest it, they really keep themselves occupied. At least
        they'll have the same energy level as each other. <G>

        Good to see you're looking around - don't worry, that special one will
        reach out to you.

        Diane