Re: [FH] Weird water drinking

  • Cathy Mack
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 6, 2009
      I have 3 perfectly healthy kitties that will drink from everywhere EXCEPT their water dish. They drink from the sinks, the shower, any puddles they can find and they especially love the WATER PIK! I think it's a cat thing and not necessarily a sign of illness.

      HTH,
      Cathy

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 7, 2009
        Hi

        Yes, it sounds as if meds need adjusting. Trixi went on 4 hour lasix regime
        at her worst.. ((although we were allowed to skip the 4am after a few
        days) and then 6 hours and now 8 hours.. and spironolactone helps with fluid
        build up too.

        My cat had vetmedin and that was an absolute life saver after her heart
        attack. It was a trial drug, but it worked for us. Don't give up hope! It's a
        case of tweaking the meds to get the CHF under control and the good news is
        you caught it early.

        Lyn..