Re:Am worried for my HCM cat with recurring pulmonary oedema

  • banditbabe32
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2009
      Strange - I had replied to the previous post but it did not show on the messsages page.

      She was on 2ml of Frusol (liquid form) twice a day and after problems this weekend is now going to be on 2ml three times a day. The cardiologist has also decided to add 1/4 tablet of spironolactone from today. She is also on 0.25ml of Imidapril (liquid again as Marley has trouble taking pills).

      I am a little concerned about severe facial dermatitis developing (according to research, one third of Maine Coon cats developed this after taking spironolactone) but she is not a Maine Coon, just a normal moggy. However, the risk outweighs not giving it because if her fluid does not clear up then it doesnt look good for her long term outlook.