Re: [FH] unusual stool?

  • Mmayer11
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2009
      Lynn,
      Sorry to read of your loss of Buddy.
      As to Zoee...with dogs this kind of white stool would be a sure sign of a pancreatic disorder. If Zoee was my kitty, I'd get her to the vet asap to have this checked out.

      Marianna

      -

    • Carol R.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2009
        hi Lynn,

        Any kind of changes in the stool should be a cause for concern. Many times stool changes can be related to the liver. When my angel Fritzy was first diagnosed with her liver disease, her stools were a very light color. Changes in stool can also be signs of digestive disorders (IBD, pancreatitis, colitis) or lymphoma.

        I would take a stool sample in to the vet as soon as possible and have it checked for parasites and bacteria, and have them check Zoee out.

        I'm so sorry for your losses. Too many in such a short time. Be strong and take care of Zoee and yourself.

        hugs,
        Carol and Snowball and the gang