Re: [FH] Unclassified Cardiomyopathy

  • rainycat@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 2, 2009
      I guess you need to discuss the dx /your cardiologist / vet-ask for explanation in more detail. my Tim was unclassified but only because his heart was so far damaged at the point we dx- perhaps the dx is not accurate for you? -if Kitties murmur is mild,.I don't think unclassified may be a proper dx ( unless you have had an ultrasound) but then again, I am not a vet.. usually there are levels of caridomyopathy... unfort w/HCM, seems the lasix dance w/ the dx very is common and the norm, lots of kitties live many years w/mild hcm that is controlable. Every kitty is different from my experience w/ 3 cases of hcm in my household. Just love, do the best you can, be aware of your kit and his respiratory status & his breaths as CHF is such a silent phantom, and be as informed that you can so that you can give the best care and advocate for your fur friend as every hcm case can be so very diff from the others. Much love, and positive thoughts, prayers to your and yours.

      rain