RE: [FH] Lasix Question

  • Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2009
      Yes, lasix dosage is highly variable; if his lungs look better on xray then
      yes, it would be a good idea to reduce the lasix…..if you want you can do it
      gradually, ie, ¼ pill piece at a time for a couple of days and observe and
      listen, count his breaths per minute, etc…..then if it’s all ok consistently
      for a few days, then reduce by another ¼ pill piece……we dose as follows:
      two pills per days divided into ½ pill in the a.m., then ¼ at 10 a.m., ¼ at
      2pm; ¼ at 6 pm and ¾ at 10 pm……you should also ask your vet……..you do know
      that his fluids will probably build up again over time but how much time is
      always the question…..with heart kitties, the heart is always the “culprit”
      with the lungs becoming the “victim” so to speak and that’s why it’s almost
      inevitable that the fluid will build up again in time…….but it sounds like
      you are on a good regimen……

      Linda

      _____