Re: [FH] Re: My Dearest Helmet Passed - I'm to Blame?

  • Lisa Clarizia
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 28, 2009
      Darlene --

      Oh, yes.

      When Baby Boy passed, I was a mess, even though I knew it was coming. What
      helped was the unexpected adoption about three days later of a stray kitten,
      in addition to my other two cats, but that's not an option for everyone.

      Someone you love just died, what you're describing are typical symptoms of
      grief. It just takes time. But you will feel better and some day you will
      be able to remember Helmet with nothing but happiness.

      The hardest thing to accept with heart kitties is that in the end, there's
      nothing we can do. With very few exceptions, it's a progressive, terminal
      disease. Some of us are lucky enough to be able to treat the symptoms for a
      while, and manage it, but in the end, it's terminal. And this is just out
      of our control.

      You did everything you could for him, and if you could have cured him, you
      would ... but right now, this isn't possible -- not for Helmet, not for my
      Baby Boy, not for my Lilly, and not for just about every heart kitty out
      there right now. It sucks, and it's unfair, but there it is. What matters
      isn't a cure, but supporting our babies in the ways we can, while they're
      here. This is what you did for Helmet.

      *Hugs*

      Lisa