Re: [feline-heart] Re: Bailey is gone

  • Jan
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 26, 2001
      Krista -
      Trust me. You did the right thing. My Pretty Girl had fluid removed
      (tapped) from her lungs and was in oxygen and finally felt good. It is my
      last memory of her feeling really, really good. And that is only because
      she had been carrying the fluid around for several days and had been having
      such difficulty breathing. In the oxygen tank, she purred and rubbed her
      head against my hands for more petting -- like the old Pretty Girl. She was
      at A&M. That was on the Tuesday after Labor Day. She came home Friday
      after they had given her new meds and "tweaked" her meds so that the
      diuretics would pull out the fluids without dehydrating her too much.
      Students were actually watching her closely to see how she reacted to her
      meds. You probably know the rest. One week later (she needed to be back
      about a week later for a check up and I was taking her the following
      Wednesday) she got really weak. She had a horrible horrible death.
      Bailey's death was peaceful. He didn't have to struggle for his last
      breath. You helped him, not hurt him. Trust me. This is from someone who
      does not like the idea of putting anything to sleep. But you really had no
      choice. Prayers are with you both...
      Jan

      http://joekopecky.homestead.com