[FH] Re: Plavix Cost Question

  • dshale1
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 16, 2009
      You'd have to ask a compounding pharmacy. Our cardiologist said it's okay to split the pills, but he warned that if Pye ever tasted the Plavix we'd never get it down her again. He told us the best thing to do is cut up her pills and put them in a gel cap so she can't taste them--so that's what we do. We coat the capsule with a dab of fish oil to make it easier to swallow and make sure it doesn't stick in the throat. She's been on this regimen since November and so far, so good.
      -Susan