Re: [FH] Nikko - Feline dentist and Krill oil

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2009
      Hi Linda;

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "mekanoel" <MekaNoel@...>
      > Just wondering if it's ok to use Krill oil 300 mg instead of fish oil? I
      > usually give 1000 mg of fish oil daily to Nikko.

      It was in the world of human nutrition that I was first introduced to the
      concept of using Menhadin oil over oil harvested by bottom feeders. My
      understanding is that Krill also feed on the surface as the Menhadin do, so
      assume here that the benefit would be as good.

      The problem with oils is that they stay in the body rather than being
      excreted, and therefore so do the heavy metals and other toxins that sink to
      the bottom of the ocean. Surface feeders don't have all the toxins, or at
      least so far scientists haven't uncovered any negative chemicals in them.

      Sorry I can't help you with the dentist part unless you want to travel waaay
      up the coast to Canada. )-; Our boy who likes to hog all the canned treats
      provided also needs his teeth cleaned and is headed for that on Tuesday.

      Pat and all the boys
      http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/
    • MekaNoel@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2009
        Hi Pat,

        Ok, thanks. It sounds like it's a better oil then.

        Thanks

        Linda and Nikko