Re: Lasix help

  • carolroars
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2009
      Hi Candace,

      When I was giving lasix in emergency type situations with my angel Sweetie, I gave her 1/2 a tablet (I can't remember how many mg's that was though), and usually within about 20 minutes she would respond to it. Those times when she didn't I'd give her another 1/4 a tablet after 30 minutes. I never gave her more than that. Fortunately, she did respond to it with either the first or second dose and her respiration and heart rate would come down in that time too.

      I also gave her Rescue Remedy every 15 minutes too, just to calm her down.

      I had also gotten a bottle of injectable lasix from my vet in case we needed something that worked faster. The injectable lasix works much faster than the pills.

      I hope Skylar's okay. He's in our thoughts.

      hugs,
      Carol and Snowball and the gang