Pumpkin: new to group

  • Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30 7:56 PM
      I've been so consumed with taking care of my boy that I haven't even had
      time to intro him properly. Pumpkin, the love of my life, HCM at 3 yrs, now
      just had his 17th b-day. Many times it's been tricky but now he's late
      stage 3 CRF, in congestive heart failure but semi-controlled with lasix;
      he's had one chest tap. I've been doing assist-feeding for about 19 mos.
      He takes azodyl, pepcid, atenolol, lasix.

      So here we are and I'm just wondering about what else I could be doing and
      everyone has such experience. Sometimes he bites his toes as if in
      panic..any thoughts what that could be?

      And I would like to ask for some very candid input: do you think he's in
      pain and suffering in silence and hiding it so well as kitties do..the last
      I want is for him to suffer. I am at a bit of a loss and hope that you will
      share with me most candidly. I would keep him with me forever but it's not
      about me, is it. I can't make it about me but he's so good about
      everything; "The Cat from Heaven" is his nickname at the vet's office...so
      you get the picture. He's been my guardian angel since the day we met and I
      want to do all that is right for him.

      Sorry for sounding so disjointed. Hoping to hear from all of you..many thx
      from us in advance.

      Linda & Pumpkin