Re: [FH] Nikko - question

  • Kristen G
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2009
      I don't believe my heart kitty ever had open-mouth breathing.  I would be worried about that.  When she had fluid in her lungs, her breathing was labored, it almost looked shuttered, if that makes any sense, it is hard to describe.  Like it wasn't very smooth at all.

      I would maybe check the breathing rate and then call the cardio -- at least try to talk to a vet tech there to see what they suggest.  What you don't want to have happen is an emergency at midnight when only the ER vet is open, because they really aren't experienced with heart conditions, at least most of the time.

      Let us know how Nikko is doing, please.

      Kristen