New Member-Isabella

  • Mary Ruppert
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hi Everyone,

      Our Isabella was rushed to the vet today when I came home and found her in pain. (She has lymphoma and also possibly lung cancer, diagnosed last year.) She is 15 years old, a sweet gray tabby.

      The vet said that she may have a blood clot in her right leg, as she has a minor heart condition. She will stay overnight and get heparin and pain meds. X-rays showed nothing new.

      I am not sure if I will get to see her again. Has anyone dealt with clotting problems before?

      Mary
    • m3cflvi
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hi Mary

        My cat wound up with saddle thrombosis that effected both her legs. I dont want to discourage you though. My cat did pass away 24 hours after but she apparently was very ill and we didnt know. But some cats do pull out of it, but its rare. Still each cat is different and just hope for the best. I wish I could give you more info but here are some links

        I will pray for her. I would research it and stay on top of the vet and ask questions.

        http://www.manhattancats.com/Articles/Arterial_Thromboembolism.html
        http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?c=9547&aid=1463

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Mary Ruppert" <rupperts@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > Our Isabella was rushed to the vet today when I came home and found her in pain. (She has lymphoma and also possibly lung cancer, diagnosed last year.) She is 15 years old, a sweet gray tabby.
        >
        > The vet said that she may have a blood clot in her right leg, as she has a minor heart condition. She will stay overnight and get heparin and pain meds. X-rays showed nothing new.
        >
        > I am not sure if I will get to see her again. Has anyone dealt with clotting problems before?
        >
        > Mary

      • Sue
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2009
          After seeing limping in one rear leg in December, we took our boy to the vet. At first it appeared that he might have injured it jumping down from something - no bone damage on the x-ray, though. When it didn't improve over a couple of days, the vet investigated further and found a heart murmur. After radiographs and BP measurement in both legs, it was discovered that he has obstructive HCM. He's on Enalapril and a few other drugs/supplements. He's been doing OK since then, so try to be optimistic.