An enalapril side effect question?

  • ildikojuhasz@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3 8:11 AM
      Hi everyone,

      Carmen seems to be doing okay on the enalapril but there are a few things I have noticed lately that I dont like. First, sometimes she has a slight tremor when breathing for no apparent reason. The last time I noticed this was Friday, there was nothing Saturday or Sunday and this morning I am seeing it again. I know she has been a bit lethargic while adjusting to enalapril, but this morning she was up exploring the room, ate well, but a few hours after administering the medicing shes worn out and her body is trembling slightly almost as if she were cold. Her breathing rate is still normal. Any ideas?
    • Kristen G
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 8:43 AM
        Does her breathing look labored?  I had noticed something off about Duffer's breathing in April -- it did look like a tremor -- and it turned out that she had fluid in her lungs.  That is the one thing I would look for -- but you say that the breathing rate is normal, so it might not be fluid.

        Sorry I can't help more.  My cat hasn't had any side effects from enalapril, but I wonder if there are some?  Could you call your cardiologist to check and see if this is a reaction to the meds or might be something else?

        Kristen

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4 2:08 AM
          Hi

          The tremor may be a medication reaction or may be fluid guild up. I would
          definitely contact the cardiologist to ask for advice here. It may be she
          needs a different med..

          Lyn :)