Arrhythmia treatment

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2009
      Tootsie has high blood pressure (takes amlodipine for that) and arrhythmia which she takes sotolol for. I've been trying to read about sotolol and the couple sites both say it is not used with cats. I know meds are frequently used off-label but I am wondering if there are any cats in the heart group who are treated for arrhythmia and, if so, what the treatment is?

      I'm concerned that I should be watching out for "something" but have no idea what.

      Does anyone use sotolol? What is normally used for arrhythmia?

      thanks a bunch,

      carol and the girls
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
        Are there any cats in the group with arrhthymia?

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <czyonov@...> wrote:

        > Tootsie has high blood pressure (takes amlodipine for that) and arrhythmia which she takes sotolol for. I've been trying to read about sotolol and the couple sites both say it is not used with cats. I know meds are frequently used off-label but I am wondering if there are any cats in the heart group who are treated for arrhythmia and, if so, what the treatment is?
        >
        > I'm concerned that I should be watching out for "something" but have no idea what.
        >
        > Does anyone use sotolol? What is normally used for arrhythmia?
        >
        > thanks a bunch,
        >
        > carol and the girls

      • Sue
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
          Carol,

          My Pepper had developed an arrhythmia. We did two things. First, the
          cardiologist took her off atenolol as this can be a side-effect. Second, I
          tried adding bioplasma to her supplements. Between those two things, it
          stopped her arrhythmia. I'm not sure that anyone else had the same results,
          but it was great for her!

          Bioplasma is a combination of cell salts. Those are salts used by the body
          at a cellular level to function properly and efficiently. It's odorless and
          tasteless.

          Here's information on bioplasma -
          http://www.hylands.com/cellsalts/remedies/bioplasma.htm
          and more info on cell salts in general - http://www.hylands.com/cellsalts/

          Sue and angels Pepper & Gandy
          with current kitties Nicholai, Lola-Joy and Isabella

          > Are there any cats in the group with arrhthymia?

        • Patricia Crawford
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
            Carol, my cat had arrhthymia and was on Atenolol for years. She was recently taken off the Atennolol after several ultrasounds did not detect any arrhthymia.

            > Are there any cats in the group with arrhthymia?
            >

            > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "Carol" <czyonov@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Tootsie has high blood pressure (takes amlodipine for that)
            > and arrhythmia which she takes sotolol for. I've been
            > trying to read about sotolol and the couple sites both say it is
            > not used with cats. I know meds are frequently used off-
            > label but I am wondering if there are any cats in the heart
            > group who are treated for arrhythmia and, if so, what the
            > treatment is?
            > >
            > > I'm concerned that I should be watching out for "something"
            > but have no idea what.
            > >
            > > Does anyone use sotolol? What is normally used for
            > arrhythmia?>
            > > thanks a bunch,
            > >
            > > carol and the girls

          • goldengirlgene
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
              Sue, Do you know what kind of arrhythmia Pepper developed?
              Marcia

              --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Sue <susan@...> wrote:

              > My Pepper had developed an arrhythmia. We did two things. First, the
              > cardiologist took her off atenolol as this can be a side-effect. Second, I
              > tried adding bioplasma to her supplements. Between those two things, it
              > stopped her arrhythmia. I'm not sure that anyone else had the same results,
              > but it was great for her!

            • Sue
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
                No, sorry but I don't know.

                Sue

                > Sue, Do you know what kind of arrhythmia Pepper developed?
                > Marcia
                >
                > --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, Sue <susan@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> My Pepper had developed an arrhythmia. We did two things. First, the
                >> cardiologist took her off atenolol as this can be a side-effect. Second,
                >> tried adding bioplasma to her supplements. Between those two things, it
                >> stopped her arrhythmia. I'm not sure that anyone else had the same
                >> results,
                >> but it was great for her!

              • Carol
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 3, 2009
                  Thanks everyone for the responses...I was afraid we are the only ones with the problem, it is good to know others are able to cope with this too. I talked with the cardiology tech who talked with a couple of the cardiologists for me and checked in Plumb's and the feeling yuck can indeed be a side effect of the sotolol. So she's on two meds which can cause yuck feeling, poor girl doesn't have much of a chance to feel good getting both meds twice daily. We have decided to take her back to the neurologist for a recheck as I think it is the pain medication which is causing the most problem.
                  Thanks again.
                  carol and the girls