Re: inhalers

  • katy4282003
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2009
      it took belle about 7 days of flovent to see improvement. i would also suggest that pearl get a rescue inhaler as well (proair is one). flovent helps inflammation while a rescue inhaler (bronchodilator) opens the airways quickly, this is used during an asthma attack or if you want to flovent to go a bit deeper you give it 10 minutes or so before the flovent. i did this with belle for the first 5 days per belle's internist recomendation. albuterol (aka resuce inhaler) does speed up the heart rate for a time and is why i only gave for 5 days but belle needed it and it was a scary time. she rarely needs the rescue inhaler now- maybe 5-6 times in 2 plus years but i always have it on hand just in case. flovent did wonders for belle, i was truly scared. you will need a spacer- i use an aerokat

      http://www.trudellmed.com/Animal_Health/ah_aerokat_fac.asp

      i would talk to your vet about the rescue inhaler as well, this might be helpful for pearl but i would ask. do you belong to the feline asthma groups?

      another good site is: http://www.fritzthebrave.com/

      i do not mind you writing me at all. i hope i helped you and pearl.
      if you have more questions for me do not hesitate to ask.
      >^..^<
      katy & belle