Plavix vs baby aspirin

  • Taca Foster
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2009
      Hello
      My almost 20 year Pyewacket has HCM, he gets an ECHO every 6 months and has been pretty stable until the ECHO last week. His left atrium is enlarging with a LA/AO of 1.95 up from 1.69 six months ago. LA is 1.74cum up from 1.61cm. Right now no clots seen in the LA.

      So the cardiology vet wants me to start him on either 1/4 81mg baby aspirin every 3 days or 1/4 plavix daily.

      I've been doing some research and not really sure which way I should go. Seems plavix 'might' work better (although much more expensive) than the aspirin but there really isn't any studies to prove either one actually prevents clots from forming.

      So would like some input from those using either of the drugs.

      Thanks
      Taca