From your List Mom and Moderators - getting along :- )

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2009
      Dear Members,

      As list owner and moderators we think that it is very important for everyone to be able to hear about all available choices/options of care available for our kitties. Hearing all options for care, including the upsides and downsides of these options, is what makes us be able to make, hopefully, the best informed choices for our kitties, given our own personal circumstances. It also provides us with firsthand knowledge of what others may have tried that worked great or not so great. Knowing everything that is out there is important and should be shared; that's what our site is all about.

      However, all sharing of pros and cons of all these choices should be done in the spirit of the utmost objectivity. Whether one agrees or disagrees with a particular treatment should also be presented in an objective, non-judgmental manner. We doubt that there is any one of us who is not totally passionate about the care of our furbabies, but, please, let's keep our passion productive and not destructive.

      That being said, In light of some recent postings and similar discussions in the past, we are prompted to remind everyone that any posts or replies presented in a condescending or judgmental manner will be deleted and the posters may be put on moderation. While this would never be our option of choice, it is imperative for the greater good that our site be, above all, a safe place for people to express all their opinions and share all information, without the fear of being criticized. It's perfectly fine to state studies and "official" information as well as personal opinions and experiences. We just ask that it be done respectfully and not with negative criticism of another's shared information.

      We hope everyone will continue to contribute to this caring, supportive community as you always have. We appreciate everyone's cooperation in this matter.

      Thank you.

      Sincerely,
      Your list owner and moderators.
      Diane, Linda and Carol