I cant go on.

  • hanneloretepper
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2 3:05 PM
      She is eating but I dont know what to do w her breathing to help her anymore.
    • moonpye
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2 3:37 PM
        Lori, I'm so sorry Emily is still having difficulty breathing...All I can
        say is what others have written to you before... which is she may beed an
        increase in her Lasix and/or add
        the med spironolactone-HCTZ.

        This below is from Sue's post about her Pepper who was on Lasix and
        spironolactone-HCTZ.

        "My personal experience is that they had to adjust the medications a couple
        times to get it right. Even then, it will need change again as the disease
        progresses. My Pepper started out on 6.25mg twice daily. By the end she
        was on 20mg 3X daily along with
        spironolactone-HCTZ 6.25mg daily. If Emily is still having problems
        breathing, contact your vet / cardiologist SOON to get the dose adjusted."

        Sorry, I don't know anymore....I hope others write with more help for you
        and Emily.

        Hugs,
        Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

        On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM, hanneloretepper
        <hanneloretepper@...>wrote:

        > She is eating but I dont know what to do w her breathing to help her
        > anymore.

      • moonpye
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2 4:30 PM
          Or Lasix injections....others know more about breathing difficulties..

          You and Emily our in thoughts..

          Candace

          > Lori, I'm so sorry Emily is still having difficulty breathing...All I can
          > say is what others have written to you before... which is she may need an
          > increase in her Lasix and/or add
          > the med spironolactone-HCTZ.
          >

          > This below is from Sue's post about her Pepper who was on Lasix and
          > spironolactone-HCTZ.
          >
          > "My personal experience is that they had to adjust the medications a couple
          > times to get it right. Even then, it will need change again as the disease
          > progresses. My Pepper started out on 6.25mg twice daily. By the end she
          > was on 20mg 3X daily along with
          > spironolactone-HCTZ 6.25mg daily. If Emily is still having problems
          > breathing, contact your vet / cardiologist SOON to get the dose adjusted."
          >

          > Sorry, I don't know anymore....I hope others write with more help for you
          > and Emily.
          >

          > Hugs,
          > Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar
          >

          > On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM, hanneloretepper <hanneloretepper@...
          > > wrote:
          >
          >> She is eating but I dont know what to do w her breathing to help her
          >> anymore.

        • Kristen G
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 2 5:37 PM
            I'm so sorry Lori but I don't know much about this.  My cat was given an injection of lasix which worked within a few minutes.  I would suggest seeing if you can find a vet that will come to your home and give an injection of lasix or remove some fluid.  I'm sorry I can't do more to help.  You and Emily are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.  Kristen

            ________________________________
            Or Lasix injections.. ..others know more about breathing difficulties. .

            You and Emily our in thoughts..

            Candace

            > Lori, I'm so sorry Emily is still having difficulty breathing... All I can
            > say is what others have written to you before... which is she may need an
            > increase in her Lasix and/or add
            > the med spironolactone- HCTZ.
            >

            > This below is from Sue's post about her Pepper who was on Lasix and
            > spironolactone- HCTZ.
            >
            > "My personal experience is that they had to adjust the medications a couple
            > times to get it right. Even then, it will need change again as the disease
            > progresses. My Pepper started out on 6.25mg twice daily. By the end she
            > was on 20mg 3X daily along with
            > spironolactone- HCTZ 6.25mg daily. If Emily is still having problems
            > breathing, contact your vet / cardiologist SOON to get the dose adjusted."
            >

            > Sorry, I don't know anymore....I hope others write with more help for you
            > and Emily.
            >

            > Hugs,
            > Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar
            >

            > On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 6:05 PM, hanneloretepper <hanneloretepper@ yahoo.com
            > > wrote:
            >
            >> She is eating but I dont know what to do w her breathing to help her
            >> anymore.

          • Carol
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 2 6:17 PM
              Lori,

              How fast is she breathing? Can you count her breaths per minute?

              Maybe you can increase her Lasix? I used to do that with my angel Sweetie when her breathing would get up there. I'd give her small increases, 1/4 a tablet, see how she was.

              At one point I did get injectible Lasix for her. The vet said it works faster than pills. You have to get the dose from the vet so you know how much to give and how often you can give it.

              I also used to give Sweetie Rescue Remedy (Bach flower essence), and sometimes it would calm her down and she'd breathe better. I don't know if it actually did anything, but she did seems to breathe better sometimes with a few doses of Rescue Remedy.

              It's still pretty soon after her ordeal at the vets. I'd probably give her more time to recuperate.

              You take care of yourself too. I know exactly how you're feeling. I've been there and I know the fear and frantic feeling you have inside. You want to do something and feel like you can't do anything to help her. Try to be calm. I know that's hard, but take a few minutes to take some deep breaths yourself. It's hard to be the only one there doing the caretaking and it's scarey, I know.

              We'll keep up prayers and send healing to you both.

              hugs,
              Carol and Snowball and the gang