Re: [FH] Introduction

  • moonpye
    Message 1 of 45 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi Cheryl, welcome to you and Vizzy, I'm glad you found us!

      I am concerned about Vizzy not eating. I agree with Judi about taking Vizzy
      to the vet.
      Not eating can turn into (FHL) - feline Hepatic Lipidosis - fatty liver
      disease very quickly.
      You will have to start assist feeding Vizzy to get him thru this not eating
      stage. I don't know why Vizzy stopped eating that's why it is best to see
      the vet and if you have a cardiologist to call him/her.

      Here is the link to the Feline Assisted Feeding Group, they will send you
      helpful files as soon as you join.

      Skylar had mild HCM which has since progressed to Severe RCM. He is on
      Atenolol, Plavix, Enalapril too. Have Lasix but have not needed to use it
      yet.

      Vizzy may have fluid started to build up and may need chest x rays. Best to
      have a full check up at the vets to see why he stopped eating and start
      assist feeding.

      Best to you and Vizzy,
      Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

    • Elfinmyst
      Message 45 of 45 , Jul 14, 2014
        Hi

        I sent you a reply but I can't see it, so I hope you had some help over the weekend. You did absolutely everything right and getting a cardiologist and quick treatment is vital. The plavix will help to prevent clots and the lasix with the fluid. Heart disease can come out of the blue and you are now getting the treatment needed. Watch breaths, you are looking for a change in the rate or type at rest. Count for ten seconds and times by six and see what is normal when your cat is sleeping or resting , try and get a video of it. If it goes over 30, that's caution time, over 40 emergency as a rule, but any open mouth is always an emergency. Look for deeper breaths and when they pull their stomach in or any wheezing. You are in the right place here with lots of experience.

        Lyn

        www.furkids-selkirks.com:-)