Re: [FH] Fw: [vettalk] Re: cat was diagnosed with saddleblock yesterday - i need advice - Plavix

  • Pat
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2009
      Hi All;

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Westgold" <westgold@...>
      > I took that to be in contrast to aspirin which, in its inhibition of
      > COX-1, can be a "cause" of stomach/gastric ulceration.

      The operative word here is "can", however again, this is in relation to how
      aspirin affects humans. Pepper was one cat who couldn't handle aspirin at
      all, right from the start, which means that ulceration hadn't developed when
      he started throwing up his food and lost appetite. It was a scary
      experience for us.

      Pat and all the boys
      http://petfoodpitfalls.blogspot.com/