information about herbs -help

  • gran_patti
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22 1:34 AM
      Lilli has been having trouble breathing again, I took her to the vet and she has developed pleural edema for which they have re-raised her lasix and I am noticing some improvement I hope. I have some herb here called English Hawthorne. I am afraid to give it to her because I read somewhere that it dilates the veins and arteries. Vasotec and Enacard both do that. She was tried on each and almost died, developed a cardiomypothy which undeveloped itself after each were discontinued. So I totally believe that vasodilators are major disasters for her. The only reason I am considering using English hawthorn is that my vet said it works directly on the heart muscle, and it helps the heart to beat with more strength which is what she needs so the fluids won't back up and build up. He said he didn't think it does dilate veins and arteries and should only work on strengthening the action of the heart. Does anyone know how I can find out what the story is about this stuff? She is not a candidate for digoxin which acts directly on the heart and increases its pumping efficiency because her kidney values are too high and they won;t be able to clear the digoxin from her system. I am wanting so badly to find something which will help her brave little heart to be able to work better. They think her heart is having trouble working. Any thoughts, or experience, Please post Our best thoughts and wishes to all our brave little babies and their devoted moms and dads and all their protectors. Paw Pats to you all. Hope everyone's lab work comes out good. Patti and Lilli