Re: lung changes on x-ray

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
      Hi

      Trixi had lung changes as a kitten, and an enlarged thyroid. This cleared
      up as she aged and the only changes were to her heart, apart from the lung
      fluids.

      Milli has a different disease which is a cardiac cushion defect (hole in
      the heart-- several holes in her case) It's a major congenital problem and
      she was born with lung changes due to high pressures and this caused the lung
      artery to harden. I don't know if that happens in HCM though.

      Lyn..:)

    • dshale1
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 3, 2009
        Thanks. The vet said the lung abnormality he saw on the x-rays was consistent with asthma, which Pye has had for many years. I just wanted to find out if it could possibly be from anything else. He said the x-ray showed her heart the same size and shape as six months ago, but of course they can't tell all that much without another echo. At least it doesn't appear to have enlarged any further.

        I'm hoping that by increasing her Flovent dose, maybe the lung inflammation or whatever it is the vet saw on the x-ray will decrease.
        -Susan