Re:Intro from me and my cat with HCM

  • Gretchen
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
      Fiona and Puddle welcome to the group.

      Lyn...what is Cardiostrength?

      > Hi Fiona and Puddle
      >
      > How did he get his name? It's so sweet.
      >
      > I`m sorry Puddle is poorly, but at least you are now aware of it. I also
      > have young onset HCM kits diagnosed as kittens and it does progress quickly,
      > so meds are essential. The white/deafness gene is well known and breeders
      > are supposed to test white cats with the BAER test to ensure they aren't
      > deaf.
      >
      > The HCM gene and the deafness gene are not related. HCM can be in any cat
      > and is inherited from the parents separately to the coat colour. The
      > deafness gene is related to the albino gene and is common in blue eyed whites. Odd
      > eyed whites can be deaf in one ear only!
      >
      > What medication is he on? Has he had an ultrasound. He sounds a very lucky
      > boy to have you and the thre legs won't affect his HCM. My Tom has three
      > legs as well.
      >
      > Likely your white boy is a pedigree, possibly a British? That would explain
      > the albino colour, deafness and HCM is found in that breed.
      >
      > I use a supplement called Cardiostrength.
      >
      > Lyn. :)

    • Sue
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2009
        Gretchen,

        I hope that I'm not stepping on toes by replying for Lyn. Cardio Strength
        is a product sold by Vetri-Science. The same product is sold by
        Vetri-Science's parent company - US Animal Nutritionals - under the name
        Heart Discovery.

        It contains CoQ10, amino acids and supplements that support the health of an
        animal with heart disease. I used it and highly recommend it.

        http://www.shopusanimal.com/vitaminssupplements/heart-discovery.php

        Sue & angels Pepper and Gandy
        with Nicholai, Lola-Joy and Isabella

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2009
          Hi Sue

          Of course it isn't stepping on toes :) (or paws). I fully believe that
          those knowing information should share it as soon as possible, especially on a
          heart forum.

          Gretchen.. Sue explained cardiostrength perfectly but I have one small
          thing to add. It's called Cardio S in the UK and available on veterinary
          prescription.

          Only problem is the pill is the size of a horse pill!! It goes down well
          enough in chicken though.

          :) Lyn