New to the board!

  • jessleishman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28 7:49 AM
      Hi all,

      I'm new to this posting board, so I thought I'd introduce myself and my kitties. :)

      I have 3 cats, 18, 11 and 10 years old, my oldest White Socks who is 18 has a heart murmor and is on Fortekor every day. My youngest Max is 10 and has cardio myopothy and asthma and is on Fortekor, Frusemide, Flowvent and another puffer. :)

      Max has been having troubles lately as he was just officially diagnosed with asthma (even though our vets have been arguing over it for a year or so) and is now on 2 types of puffers and an increased dose of Frusemide(lasix). My vets actually took my Max off his lasix for a few days and that was HORRIBLE!! Max just all of a sudden crashed and went into distress, so we're slowly trying to get back to normal. I've spent the past two weeks paranoidly listening and following him around. He's spent a few nights at the cat hospital in an oxygen tent, my sweet "bubble cat" and responds very well.

      So I guess that's my big hello!

      Jess
      (in Ontario CANADA)
    • moonpye
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28 11:51 AM
        Welcome to the group Jess and kitties!

        We have have wonderful info in the Files and Links on the homepage. The
        FAQ's are in the Links and they are very helpful.

        You may want to see a feline cardiologist for Max since he crashed after the
        vets took him off of Lasix. I'm glad he is doing well now. We have members
        whose kitties have asthma too.

        Ask us any questions that you have!

        Best,
        Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar

      • elfinmyst@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29 5:13 AM
          Hi Jess

          I am sorry to hear Max is poorly. Sounds like the frucimide is keeping the
          fluid off his lungs and he needs it. There is a diuretic called
          Spironolactone as well and I use that in combination.

          I agree he needs an ultrasound ifg he hasn't already had one. Has Max a
          cardiologist? A crash like that isn't uncommon and each time it requires quick
          intervention, so well done for spotting it quickly.

          Lyn :)