Mellie's recheck

  • Carol Yonov
    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2009
      We had wonderful news yesterday! The cardiologist found the dynamic right outflow tract obstruction had resolved as well as the ventricular premature beats were not found. But the main news, as far as I was concerned, was that she had no heart murmur! She has had no recurrence of the neurologic episodes caused by the brain injury (stroke)... a brain tumor had been considered but since she has had no deterioration the tumor has been ruled out.

      Cardiologist agreed to lowering her atenolol to 1/4 tab once daily as that had been his initial recommendation. Her heart rate was at 170, he considers ideal rate to be 160 when in stress at a clinic. We drove 2 1/2 hours to get to the appt and they didn't have us in the schedule but they were able to work us in 2 1/2 hrs later (appt had been scheduled on our calendar for 12:30, we were seen at 3pm). So, considering she had had a very stressful day I don't think a hr of 170 was bad at all.

      Her creatinine continues to slowly increase, but it is increasing at a slower rate than her sister's did and Tootsie has had crf since 2002 and is doing quite well.

      I had intended to ask about mineral/calcium/something like that in the kidneys for Carol but totally forgot - so sorry.

      After taking the lower dose atenolol for a couple weeks we are to take her to the clinic for a check on heart rate. If it goes back up, then we'll go back to the higher dose. She sleeps all the time and I miss her being with me. He wants to see her in 6 months for another echo.

      So far, so good.

      Carol and Mellie