Hill's k/d

  • Jenna Porter
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2009
      Hello,

      My 6 year-old Akunta was diagnosed with HCM in March 2008. On Monday, I got the news that her "big sister" Bailey (age 11) has CRF. The vet recommended feeding her Hill's k/d.

      When I researched this new food, I found that it is also recommended for cats with heart disease. Akunta currently eats Eagle Pack Holistic Dry Food. (I know wet would be better for her, but she will literally only eat crunchy cat food. No tuna, no canned food, not even cat treats except the pill pockets that come in the pink container... and even that's only a 25% success rate.) I am thinking of switching her to the Hill's k/d dry, since I leave dry food available at all times, since it seems that might be better for both of them. Does anyone have any comments about this food and whether or not it has helped?

      Thanks,

      Jenna

    • nala_zq
      Message 2 of 3 , May 7, 2009
        0.5% Taurine is actually a relatively high level of Taurine
        for a commercial cat food.. Several of the Purina products
        have 0.125% Innova cat and kitten dry has 0.3 %, Wellness
        canned has 0.1% and dry is 0.2%

        Restrictive cardiomyopathy is a different disease from DCM.
        I did not see your other post - so I don't know what
        fluid you are speaking of - something drawn from the lungs?

        Best,

        Nala