Trixi vomiting

  • Lyn
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 6:11 AM
      Hi

      I had a look through the messages, but I`m now confused with what might be causing the vomit. Trixi was the cat with the heart attack and HCM who was in heart failure a few weeks ago.

      She has..

      Atenolol 1/4 twice day
      Fortekor 1/2 twice day
      Vetmedin 1/2 twice day
      Spiro 1/2 twice day
      aspirin 1/4 every 3rd day
      plavix 1/4 daily
      Kaminox 1/2 ml twice day
      frucimide 1/4 every 4 hours.
      Marbocyl 1/2 daily for diarrhoea

      We had kidney tests done and they were at the high end of normal. Liver fine.

      I suspect the aspirin. I`m going to stop plavix and aspirin and try nattokinase instead. She won't take cardio S at the moment.

      Has anyone any advice? The yellow bile / food vomit means she isn't getting her pills in either. Some days we get no vomits.. seems to be the day after the aspirin. Also daily diarrhoea.

      Lyn :)
    • jintzr
      Message 2 of 2 , May 4 10:12 AM
        Hi Lyn, I'm sure someone else might have already suggested this, but when my kitty had nausea from all the medications he was taking, slipperly elm bark worked well for me. Just make sure you give it about 2 hours away from the other medications, so it won't interfere with absorption. I was lucky enough to have him eat it right out of his food. There is a syrup you can make below. I might have sent you this information already, can't remember. :)

        http://www.felinecrf.org/holistic_treatments.htm#SEB

        So glad Trixi's kidney and liver tests were normal!