Educational info

  • Tanika Lafi
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2009
      Hi all,

      I came across this website while trying to research some of the meds my little Sesame is taking. Thought I should share.

      http://www..peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2129&aid=2951

      It has articles on medications, vitamin supplementation and lots of other useful information.

      Best Wishes,

      Tanika
      “Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things,
      man will not himself find peace.” Albert Schweitzer

      From: Westgold <westgold@interlog. com>
      To: "Joni" <joni_c@yahoo. com>, feline-heart@ yahoogroups. com
      Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 5:25 PM

      hi & welcome! Many kitten murmurs are totally benign, and they will disappear over time. Sometimes they don't disappear, but they're still benign.. The only way to tell if your kitty's murmur is a sign of heart disease is to do an echo cardiogram and ekg with a real cardiologist. I think that 6 months of age is a good time to have these tests done. If your kitty does have some heart disease, there are excellent medicines and supplements to help him. Heart disease is not an automatic death sentence. Many of us have cats who have been living with HCM or other heart issues for years and years. If he has it, and you start the meds early rather than later, he will do much better. Where do you live? Maybe someone can recommend a good cardiologist to you. Your own vet is NOT capable of doing a proper echo, even if he's taken a class in it. You need a real cardiologist in order to get the peoper diagnosis, and to give you the proper meds.