Update on Diamond

  • Katerina
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      First thanks for all the advice on liquid diets and feeding thereof. Diamond is not very impressed with the Hills KD Diet. I cant say I blame her it smells aweful. So we will be trying some of the other options you all have posted. I did get a nice fat syringe from my vet. (I will also look to purchase a bunch online as they dont last very long) Unfortunately the reason I was at the vet was because Diamond took yet another turn for the worse. She now adds hypertension to her growing list of disabilities. Her poor eyes are completely dilated and her BP was through the roof. My vet did an EKG and checked blood pressure. Then we sat for about an hour with oxygen because her impaired trachea was not breathing well and she was not getting enough oxygen. Probably because she was upset about not seeing so well. She received a shot of aminophylline and the Dr prescribed Benazepril to lower her blood pressure and now she is to resume taking the Deltiazem and Aminophylline daily. This will be bad for her kidneys which are already huge and we continue the SubQ treatments. It's a fine line we are trying to walk and hopefully we'll find it. I really want to thank all of you this site has so much infomraiton and you all are really great. So we continue....
      Hugs
      Katerina & Diamond