need help again

  • Mike & Linda Irrgang
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 6, 2001
      dear friends,

      this is the third day that the pumpkin has been very lethargic. this a.m. i
      collected a urine specimen which i will take in to the vet this morning.
      he's still very lethargic. it all started on tuesday morning....he was
      sitting on the kitchen counter looking out the window and suddenly just
      bolted, ran to the living room and sat on a small table....it was like
      something had scared him suddenly and he ran away from it: but there was
      nothing since he had just been sitting with me in the kitchen....i had
      decided after reading so much recent positive info about coq10 to
      readminister and did that morning.....previously it hadn't sat well with his
      tummy but then he was also taking the enalapril.....

      well, since then he's been extremely lethargic and hasn't been urinating
      well.....since he's an indoor cat we count urines/poops every day and know
      what's "normal" amt for them

      yesterdfay the vet came and said his lungs sounded very congested....she
      thinks that since we stopped the enalapril that he may be starting to
      experience pleural effusion...do you stop urinating when this happens.....i
      thought the only thing that stopped you urinating was renal problems.....

      well, i'm a wreck, as usual......i don' t know what to do.....i just want to
      be in houston and be able to take him to the vet and have them check it all
      out and give me good guidance......but it's not to be and here i am and the
      poor pumpkin......who was it who said that our babies are ok with death,
      it's us who can't handle it......that's so true and i'm just a wreck....

      so any comments will be much appreciated....there are some days that i feel
      like i just can't go on another day and i just can't handle the depression,
      the peaks and valleys.....recently he had been so frisky and happy and then
      just like a light switch, it's like he's plummeted.....he's still eating but
      drinks very little and is very, very lethargic......

      linda