Belle update

  • katy4282003
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
      just wanted to pass on the latest Belle update, she went to her cardiologist on Friday. Belle continues to remain stable and unchanged. her echo is unchanged since the beginning and her bloodwork is completely normal. september 2, 2009 it will be offically 5 years since her HCM diagnosis and it has a little over 3 years since her asthma diagnosis. belle's cardiologist is beyond pleased that she is doing so well and unchanged for this length of time. im blessed and i pray it continues. everyone (besides you guys) thinks im anal and over the top with my careful and watchful care but if it helps her even a little its totally worth it!
      >^..^<
      katy & belle
    • Lisa Clarizia
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
        Yay, Belle!!! I'm so happy for you both!

        Lisa

        On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:22 PM, katy4282003 <katy_van@...> wrote:

        > just wanted to pass on the latest Belle update, she went to her
        > cardiologist on Friday. Belle continues to remain stable and unchanged. her
        > echo is unchanged since the beginning and her bloodwork is completely
        > normal. september 2, 2009 it will be offically 5 years since her HCM
        > diagnosis and it has a little over 3 years since her asthma diagnosis.
        > belle's cardiologist is beyond pleased that she is doing so well and
        > unchanged for this length of time. im blessed and i pray it continues.
        > everyone (besides you guys) thinks im anal and over the top with my careful
        > and watchful care but if it helps her even a little its totally worth it!
        > >^..^<
        > katy & belle

      • moonpye
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
          Wonderful Belle and Katy!:) Big Yays!

          Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar ^..^

          On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM, katy4282003 <katy_van@...> wrote:

          > just wanted to pass on the latest Belle update, she went to her
          > cardiologist on Friday. Belle continues to remain stable and unchanged. her
          > echo is unchanged since the beginning and her bloodwork is completely
          > normal. september 2, 2009 it will be offically 5 years since her HCM
          > diagnosis and it has a little over 3 years since her asthma diagnosis.
          > belle's cardiologist is beyond pleased that she is doing so well and
          > unchanged for this length of time. im blessed and i pray it continues.
          > everyone (besides you guys) thinks im anal and over the top with my careful
          > and watchful care but if it helps her even a little its totally worth it!
          > >^..^<
          > katy & belle

        • Westgold
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
            What wonderful news! Please give us a list of all the meds & supplements she is on, and when each was started --

            take care, Michelle & Tigger Too, Toronto
            just wanted to pass on the latest Belle update, she went to her cardiologist on Friday. Belle continues to remain stable and unchanged. her echo is unchanged since the beginning and her bloodwork is completely normal. september 2, 2009 it will be offically 5 years since her HCM diagnosis and it has a little over 3 years since her asthma diagnosis. belle's cardiologist is beyond pleased that she is doing so well and unchanged for this length of time. im blessed and i pray it continues. everyone (besides you guys) thinks im anal and over the top with my careful and watchful care but if it helps her even a little its totally worth it!
            >^..^<
            katy & belle

          • Judi Levens
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 21, 2009
              Fabulous news Katie and Belle...keep up the great work...Judi and Max

              To: feline-heart@yahoogroups.com
              From: katy_van@...
              Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 21:22:37 +0000

              just wanted to pass on the latest Belle update, she went to her cardiologist on Friday. Belle continues to remain stable and unchanged. her echo is unchanged since the beginning and her bloodwork is completely normal. september 2, 2009 it will be offically 5 years since her HCM diagnosis and it has a little over 3 years since her asthma diagnosis. belle's cardiologist is beyond pleased that she is doing so well and unchanged for this length of time. im blessed and i pray it continues. everyone (besides you guys) thinks im anal and over the top with my careful and watchful care but if it helps her even a little its totally worth it!
              >^..^<
              katy & belle

              kee

            • katy4282003
              Message 6 of 13 , Apr 22, 2009
                Belle takes 1/4 tab of atenolol once a day for her heart. flovent 1x a day for asthma (unless allergens are higher and she gets it 2x a day during her more asthmatic times- beginning of spring and early fall). and then proventil (resuce inhaler) as needed which is not often. the only supplement i give her is CoQ10- only about 5mg. this is a low dose because Belle has a very very touchy belly (i was only giving her about 3mg or so and worked up to 5mg). i feed her flint river ranch cat kibble food and canned kitten wellness. i do not like the kibble but i switched her to that during that huge pet food recall as it was made here and they use american resources. she wont eat enough canned food to live so i give her what she will eat of it. i keep her life as low stress as possible but she is the only "child" and we have no human kids so Belle is pretty pampered.
                >^..^<
                katy & belle

                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 29, 2009
                  Belle has been doing well and her last vet and cardiology visit in april was very good. unfortunately i think belle is developing another cervical line lesion (FLOR) on the opposite tooth as the one she had about 1.5 years ago. she goes to see her vet late thursday morning to have it looked at. please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

                  >^..^<
                  katy & belle
                • katy4282003
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jun 29, 2009
                    Belle has been doing well and her last vet and cardiology visit in april was very good. unfortunately i think belle is developing another cervical line lesion (FLOR) on the opposite tooth as the one she had about 1.5 years ago. she goes to see her vet late thursday morning to have it looked at. please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

                    >^..^<
                    katy & belle
                  • m3cflvi
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jun 29, 2009
                      Best of luck. We all are thinking of her and hope all is well.

                      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "katy4282003" <katy_van@...> wrote:

                      > Belle has been doing well and her last vet and cardiology visit in april was very good. unfortunately i think belle is developing another cervical line lesion (FLOR) on the opposite tooth as the one she had about 1.5 years ago. she goes to see her vet late thursday morning to have it looked at. please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
                      >
                      > >^..^<
                      > katy & belle

                    • Sue
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jun 29, 2009
                        Katy,

                        I'll be thinking about both of you!

                        Sue and angels Pepper & Gandy
                        with Nicholai, Lola-Joy and Isabella

                        > Belle has been doing well and her last vet and cardiology visit in april
                        > was very good. unfortunately i think belle is developing another cervical
                        > line lesion (FLOR) on the opposite tooth as the one she had about 1.5
                        > years ago. she goes to see her vet late thursday morning to have it looked
                        > at. please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
                        >
                        >>^..^<
                        > katy & belle

                      • moonpye
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jun 29, 2009
                          Hi Katy,

                          We will be keeping you and Belle in our thoughts!

                          Much Luck!

                          On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:58 PM, katy4282003 <katy_van@...> wrote:

                          > Belle has been doing well and her last vet and cardiology visit in april
                          > was very good. unfortunately i think belle is developing another cervical
                          > line lesion (FLOR) on the opposite tooth as the one she had about 1.5 years
                          > ago. she goes to see her vet late thursday morning to have it looked at.
                          > please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
                          >
                          > >^..^<
                          > katy & belle

                        • katy4282003
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jul 2, 2009
                            belle went to her vet today to have her tooth looked at. my fears were confirmed and she does have an early stage cervical line lesion (FORL, not FLOR like i seem to like to write). the tooth is at the minumum sensitive and most likely painful so it will need to come out. the vet was pleased i caught it early because that should make the procedure easier plus its better for belle. tomorrow morning they are taking it out. please keep belle in your thoughts and prayers. we need all the positive energy we can get.
                            thanks!
                            >^..^<
                            katy & belle

                            --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "katy4282003" <katy_van@...> wrote:

                            > Belle has been doing well and her last vet and cardiology visit in april was very good. unfortunately i think belle is developing another cervical line lesion (FLOR) on the opposite tooth as the one she had about 1.5 years ago. she goes to see her vet late thursday morning to have it looked at. please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
                            >
                            > >^..^<
                            > katy & belle

                          • moonpye
                            Message 13 of 13 , Jul 2, 2009
                              Hi Katy,

                              Positive energy and good thoughts for Belle tomorrow!