Re: Rutin/ looking for some ideas with my foster cat

  • tabbyandpeachy
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 10, 2009
      --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "pawsandwhisker" <pawsandwhisker@...> wrote:

      > Hi Everyone
      > >
      > > I have a herd of my own and some fosters. >
      > > I have been on Holistic Groups a few years ago with my Bamama who passed in
      > > 01 and Charmed who passed in 00. I kept Bamama going with full blown aides
      > > for 3 yrs thanks to searching on the web and supplements from holistic
      > > means.
      > >
      > > My one foster on Wed seems to be breathing heavy came from and still was
      > > breathing heavy so I was lucky that my vet (non holistic) was at the
      > > emergency office we took xrays and she had to drain him he had over 2cups of
      > > liquid. Poor Braveheart was very stressed and Thur the fear for the worst of
      > > the two came as what they found from the liquid in his chest: ruptured
      > > Thoracid Duct.
      > >
      > > He is not eating the best but he has ate decent last night. My vet said she
      > > found that Rutin is good for this problem and I can get at the health store
      > > so she said 3 x a day 300mil so I am giving that as of last night.
      > >
      > > The problem is we are not sure what is going on xrays (took 2) show that
      > > his heart seems ok slightly larger but some swelling near the spine we
      > > beleive its cancer. He was fine the on Tues........
      > >
      > > Does any one have any ideas or suggestions on helping him any body hear
      > > about Rutin
      > > Anything else I can do to help alievate the fluid outside his lungs from
      > > building up.......
      > >
      > > Dr said there is not much to do as they are not sure exactly what cosed the
      > > rupture
      > >
      > > Carla

      Hi Carla
      I have been giving Tabby rutin now for almost 11 months.
      Within 2 weeks his lungs were completely clear.
      I started his dosage at 500mg 2x daily. But just this past
      week he has been breathing heavier so i have upped
      the dose to an extra half during the day

      Also this may tend to upset their tummys so you might want to give with food

      I buy mine on vitacost.com and use the counrtylife namebrand

      Patty and Tabby