Re: question: over vaccinating can it cause heart damage?

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9 10:18 PM
      Anne,

      I don't know that the FVRCP (distemper) vaccine will cause heart issues - and I don't think anyone else does either. However, it can cause other problems. One of my former fosters died of wet FIP when his 2nd FVRCP vax sent his immune system into a tail-spin. FIP is cause by the corona virus which is pretty common. Once in a while it turns into FIP. The vaccination was not given too soon. This guy was always very small for his age and may have had a weak immune system to start. That may be what you're seeing.

      I personally had an encounter with the rabies vaccination in my girl. Twice she developed tumors which had to be surgically removed. Six weeks after the second surgery, she went into CHF. It's all a domino effect.

      Since the purpose of all vaccines is to challenge the immune system - and ultimately make it stronger - there must be a period of time where the immune system is weakened temporarily before it bounces back. I believe that's the window of opportunity for sickness.

      All that said, I would think that giving two vaccinations 4 days apart would be detrimental to any animal's health.

      Sue