Re: Tricks for giving meds?

  • oliversmom42
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2009
      Here are some ideas of food to hide it in if you don't go the compounding route. I've used these to varying degrees of success depending on the kitty:

      Cheese
      Raw beef heart
      Baby food (mixed in, making sure it's not a flavor with garlic or onions)
      Liver (cooked)

      My heart kitty Boo stopped eating the pill pockets for a bit, because she too bit into the pill and didn't like it. So we switched to something else for a bit and then went back to them. We found she loves the salmon ones best, likes the liver ones for dogs okay, and dislikes the chicken one. Also it helps if we dice up the pill so she has less chance of biting into it.

      Good luck,

      Sue & Boo