Worldwide Feline Cardiologist/Sonographer Database & Map

  • Bob Gilbert
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2009
      <Permission to cross-post granted>

      Hello Everyone,

      TIBCS (The International Bengal Cat Society) has added a map application to
      the Official TIBCS site so members can post cardiologists and/or
      sonographers that they have used for their HCM screens. It is not a
      referral service, but just a way for people to find someone to do their HCM
      screening. Data needed are: name, office name, phone number, address,
      Cardiologist or sonographer, board certified or not, email, and website if
      any. Again, this is not a referral but a database with map function.
      Everyone is encouraged to add their screeners regardless of what country you
      are from. Ultimately, TIBCS is thinking of adding a link to the public area
      of their website so that this database can be used as a public service. We
      need more entries first.

      Please check out the site and add your screener's info. To find a
      cardiologist near you, all that will eventually be needed to do is click on
      the map at your location and a list of clinics will be pulled up. I think
      this could be very useful. We currently have just under 50 clinicians
      listed. You need to be a member of OfficialTIBCS to add data but it is
      searchable by non-members. This is just one more service TIBCS is bringing
      to the feline community.

      If you are not a member of OficialTIBCS you can email the information to me
      directly and I will add it. Email me at genetics@....

      If you want to use the map/database function go here:

      To donate to HCM Research, or take part in one of several cat related
      raffles, go here: http://www.tibcs.com/fundraisers/index.php

      Thanks a lot,

      Bob Gilbert

      TIBCS Genetics Committee Chair