Re: [feline-heart] Taurine dosage

  • VHess2000@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      Taurine-deficiency is linked to dilated cardiomyopathy. Some folks use it
      for other forms, though there is no research to support that it's useful.
      WHen I was using it, I mixed 250 mg daily in with the cat food.

      Victoria
    • Anyes Moscrip
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
        suelibes@... wrote:

        > I tried reading through all the emails on this list to get a
        > consensus of how and if folks are using taurine supplements but
        > couldn't get a clear sense of this. Can someone give me some
        > advice? Thanks

        My vet said the daily requirement was 250 mg/day. I was adding it to human
        food.
        If your cat is getting cat food, he is already getting some in that, so
        adjust accordingly.

        Anyes