Taurine dosage

  • suelibes@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
      I tried reading through all the emails on this list to get a
      consensus of how and if folks are using taurine supplements but
      couldn't get a clear sense of this. Can someone give me some
      advice? Thanks
    • VHess2000@cs.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
        Taurine-deficiency is linked to dilated cardiomyopathy. Some folks use it
        for other forms, though there is no research to support that it's useful.
        WHen I was using it, I mixed 250 mg daily in with the cat food.

        Victoria
      • Anyes Moscrip
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 3, 2001
          suelibes@... wrote:

          > I tried reading through all the emails on this list to get a
          > consensus of how and if folks are using taurine supplements but
          > couldn't get a clear sense of this. Can someone give me some
          > advice? Thanks

          My vet said the daily requirement was 250 mg/day. I was adding it to human
          food.
          If your cat is getting cat food, he is already getting some in that, so
          adjust accordingly.

          Anyes