Update:Ivy went into CHF & question

  • jintzr
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31 4:54 PM
      Update: Ivy had her echocardiogram; her LA was slightly bigger, but some of the other numbers went down? Is this the supplements working? Has anyone had this experience? Specifically, IVSd, LVPWd, %FS, and AV Vmax and PV Vmax went down, back down or below her Jan 2007 levels.

      Her left atrium had increased from 1.3cm to 1.5cm in about 7 months. She is now on 1/2 tablet of lasix in the morning, 10mg of athenolol twice daily, and will be adding enalapril. About 5 months ago I put her on supplements- CoQ10 w/ Vit E, Cardiostrength, and every few days DMG or Omega 3's. She had mild CHF (last Friday), which was cleared up with the lasix.

      Today (March 31st, 2009)
      IVSd: .37 cm
      LVIDd: 1.8 cm
      LVPWd: 0.4 cm
      LVDs: 0.6 cm
      %FS 67%
      Ao: 1.0cm
      LA: 1.5 cm
      LA:Ao 1.5 cm
      AV Vmax 1.5 m/s
      PV VMax 1.1 m/s

      Oct. 03, 2008 levels:
      IVSd: .66 cm
      LVIDd: 1.65 cm
      LVPWd: .61cm
      LVDs: .5 cm
      %FS 70%
      Ao: 1.03 cm
      LA: 1.3 cm
      LA:Ao: 1.26
      AV Vmax: 2.28 m/s
      PV Vmax: 1.3 m/s

      Any feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm just wondering if the supplements helped out on the lower numbers. Last time she had SAM but this time there was no SAM noted. I wonder if that is from the athenolol was increased last time?

      Also, he said the wheezing was probably and upper respiratory infection, and not related to the fluid. She was wheezing again slightly today. I wonder if she has a cold or could have developed slight asthma?

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2009
        Hi

        That's good that Ivy's heart has stabilised. The Atenolol will be helping
        the SAM.. I've had that happen with two of my boys. The tablets will help stop
        the disease from progressing and the supplements are wonderful.. I've also had
        a slight regression in Trixi from them and the meds.

        Keep an eye on the wheezing. Some of mine are wheezing and hacking this
        week, but it's a slight URI and they have a little snuffles as well. One has
        furballs.. I know because I always step in them in the morning!!

        :) Lyn