Pixel's wellness check

  • Betty Ann
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2009
      I am cross-posting this to both the CRF and heart lists so I apologize for
      the duplication to those who are on both lists. I just had to share some
      good news!

      Today was the semi-annual wellness check for all 3 fur kids. Pixel's
      hypertension still shows as very well controlled with medication. She takes
      Amlodipine for that issue. Her heart murmur has been classified as being
      rectified since she was put on Atenolol for her cardiomyopathy. She has
      gained weight and the vet is very pleased. She is due for some dental work
      because of 2 very bad teeth. They are waiting until that day to run a blood
      panel and EKG to make sure she will be okay for anesthesia. They take extra
      precautions with "fragile" kitties (their term for a cat like Pixel.)

      Piton (pronounced Peeton) is her littermate. I requested a blood pressure
      check for her to make sure she isn't starting to have that problem. Her BP
      was normal. She had her lab work done. You would have laughed at the nurse's
      reaction when she was examining Piton and discovered Piton had a full
      bladder! She was absolutely thrilled because it meant it would be easy to
      get a urine sample. All of Piton's labs came back as NORMAL!! She has no
      heart murmur or anything! She is concentrating her urine quite nicely and
      has an excellent specific gravity in that area. She will also be getting
      dental work due to a couple of bad teeth.

      Pipsqueak wasn't due for labs. She only "flunked" one aspect of her exam.
      She's overweight. We discussed how to deal with that problem. The general
      agreement is that she is possibly genetically prone to this kind of problem
      and may still have vague memories of her life as a dumpster diver when she
      was young. She was about 6 months old and pregnant when she joined our
      family. She is now 8.5 years old and the two others will be 12 this week!

      Betty Ann &

      Pixel (CRF w/HBP & HCM), Piton, Pipsqueak

      Angels: Tandy, Toni, Snagglefoot

    • elfinmyst@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2009
        Hi Betty Ann

        That's fantastic news from the checkups!! Well done to the three 'P's
        (gorgeous names btw!)

        Overweight.. oh yes, I`ve been told off more than once for that. Maxi is on
        a diet (again) and 'little' 8 month Alex is already 6kg. So I`m hiding him
        from the nutritionist!

        It's great to see stable and even better to see improved. Thanks for sharing
        the wonderful news. It gives everyone hope.

        Hugs to the three 'P's.