Re:new member intro

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2009
      Hi Shannon

      Shakespeare is very lucky to have found you and a warm, loving home. You are
      lucky to have been chosen by such a special boy and to care for him.

      The FIV test, I believe shows antibodies which show that he has been exposed
      to the Feline AIDS virus. It is possible he may fight this off and become
      negative, but equally possible he won't, but FIV is not a death sentence. I
      assume you have no other cats who could be infected?

      FIV cats have very special needs and he obviously has some infections. Is
      there an FIV group on Yahoo as well?

      If Shakespeare had fluid and an enlarged heart, could you arrange an
      ultrasound to diagnose his problem, as it may be HCM or another heart problem, even
      related to FIV. The lasix will help, but if lungs are fluid filled, then he
      might need a chest tap to drain it initially.

      You can also give the supplement Cardio-S

      :) Lyn