Re: [FH] Re: OT-Maine Coon and CHF

  • Jill Barclay
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 25 12:18 AM
      Hi Phyllis. My cat Oscar is a 10 year old brown tabby who has HCM, diabetes, and asthma.  He too is a cat with unknown variety.  He is on Enalapril, and Spirolactalone, and a Cardio Heart Supplement for his HCM.  He is on Lantus Insulin for the Diabetes and takes Flovent for the asthma with an Aro Cat Inhaler.  You would never know that he is sick cause he is a happy lay-ed back cat like Garfield.  I am very lucky that he is fairing very well.  I think all that a cat needs is to get one bad gene from a  parent to get HCM.  Mixed cats get it also. I got to take care of  my friend Angela's MC while she was getting a divorce.  I love MC cats.  Their chirping meow is such a sweet sound and it is really cool that they love water!  Boris even walked on a leash like a dog.    I would not hesitate to get a MC.  Oscar is living proof that this disease can be managed well.  Not to mention the fact he has other problems and is doing so well!  I
      feel blessed that he is a happy dude!!

      Jill and Oscar