Re: Welcome to feline-heart >^..^

  • charlotte
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2009
      Hello,

      My 17 month old Sphynx boy, Johnny, was confirmed HCM positive this morning so here I am. He had an equivocal scan 6 months ago and todays scan showed a marked change. He will be starting on medication, I can't remember the name, it is a calcium channel blocker and will be scanned again after 6 months to monitor his response. He is being neutered on Thursday

      I am currently focused on researching a low salt diet for him (I would like to avoid those bland prescription foods for as long as possible) and then I guess supplements and alternative remedies will be my next focus.

      We have just had our first litter of Sphynx kittens ten weeks ago but thankfully we are committed to not breeding from unscanned cats so Johnny is not the proud Papa. We live in Ireland and have never had any pet with heart issues before.

      Thank you for the instant access policy to the list followed by further screening of applicants - very appreciated when an applicant is in a state of anxiety :)

      Charlotte
      DaddyO Sphynx
      www.daddyocats.com