Re:Maryann's Franki needs prayers

  • elfinmyst@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2009
      Hi Carol

      Thoughts and prayers on their way!

      Yes, I agree, surgery is terribly risky in any HCM cat, especially a poorly
      one. But it is possible as Patty says if there is a chance it will save
      Franki. My Milli (with advanced heart disease and two large holes in her heart) had
      emergency surgery to remove a sarcoma and she nearly died at the time. The
      skill of the surgeon, the anaethetists and the prayers of this group rallied
      her round. She's doing well.

      The only chance now would be to remove Franki's necrotic paw. There is no
      alternative now. If left, it will cause a terrible infection and she will be in
      a lot of pain. I understand that's a dreadful decision to make, and only
      Maryann can know what is best. If the operation can't be done, then personally I
      would assist Frankie to the bridge without any more pain and hurting.

      Hugs to Maryann

      Lyn (http://www.myfurkids.co.uk/)