Re: New Baby Sick

  • jintzr
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2009
      Hi Sue,

      Did this diagnosis come from a vet or a cardiologist? The reason I
      am asking is because when I got Ivy as a kitten, they said it was
      probably a defect in the heart and that she wouldn't make it to a
      year, ect. But they urged me to see a cardiologist to know for
      sure. The cardiologist diagnosed Ivy with mitral valve dysplasia and
      put her on athenolol, which has helped her a great deal. She
      actually has the mitral valve problem and HCM, but they weren't able
      to diagnose the HCM until this year (she is 3 yrs old) b/c they
      couldn't see the HCM changes until then.

      So I would urge you to take your kitty to a cardiologist. They can
      recommend some medication and the best path. They can see a lot of
      things the vet cannot. My Ivy is now 3 years old and is very healthy
      and happy, she just has to take medication every day.

      Good luck and let us know!