Tom- heart or asthma- or both?

  • meaniebie
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hi all,
      just a quick question.toms vet says there is a bloodtest about 100
      bucks that will tell me if he has heart disease. she doesn't want to
      give tom steroids for possible asthma if he has heart disease.
      i have limited funds, and need to know the best way to determine
      this.tom is haveing symptoms of asthma, not coughing , but he did in
      the past. is taking theo-dur, and cyproheptadine, to open passageways.
      I know that it wil not help his lung inflamation, but they are
      thinking the steroids will hurt him, if it is heart.
      what can I do? any ideas. I am getting him in this afternoon, cause
      this morning at 230am he was having increased breathing rate! and
      sounded not right , is eating, and peeing. but I need to know what to
      ask the vet.
      thanks
      annette, furcrew, and angel tember