OT: The Truth About Cats, Dogs & Lawn Chemicals

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2009
      cross-posted:

      With the warm weather just around the corner (hopefully!) check out this 18 minute YouTube video about Lawn Chemicals and your pets. Good information to know and research in trying to keep your pets safe! I know from personal experience that dogs can get sick within a few hours of chemicals being spread on your lawn. My husband unknowingly hired a company to make our lawn look great, and they didn't place 'warning' flags to alert that they had put pesticides and fertilizers down. Since I had been out when they applied the chemicals, I took my three dogs out on the grass when I got home. All three developed vomiting and diarrhea within hours, as the chemicals are absorbed through their paws, and they WILL lick their paws after stepping in them. Unfortunately, it lasted three days. BE SAFE! If nothing else - don't let your pets on the grass until you have watered EXTREMELY well for a few DAYS (not 24 hours as some companies claim). Even then, exercise caution!

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKtZrNpiNIc