Re: [FH] Sebastian's vet opted NO surgery at this time!

  • moonpye
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 5, 2009
      Hi Elaine,

      Sebastian seems to have all the symptoms of Hyperthyroidism. Why is the
      vet/cardio not starting Methimazole/Tapazole first instead of wanting to do
      thyroid surgery?

      What was Sebastian's T4 level on the blood test? Was a FreeT4ED run at the
      same time?

      Normal T4 for kitties over 7 years old is not the same as for younger
      kitties.

      I just wonder why wanting to do surgery, instead of treating with
      Methimazole first. I have two kitties who are doing well on Methimazole.

      Has the cardio discussed the I131 with you as another option as well?

      Candace with Cinnamon and Skylar :)