I HAVE A MEDICAL QUESTION ABOUT MY CAT SCRATCHY

  • elizabethrose1214
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
      MY CAT SCRATCHY WHO IS SEVEN HAS A LUMP ON HIS BELLY. SHOULD I BE
      WORRIED ABOUT THIS, AND ALSO MY OTHER CAT ITCHY WHO IS FIVE WHEN I GIVE
      HER CANNED MILK SHE THROWS IT UP WHY IS THIS? IF YOU COULD PLEASE
      ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT.

      SINCERELY,

      ELIZABETH ROSE MCMAHON
    • Carol
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2009
        Hi Elizabeth,

        Any kind of lump that is new, I would get checked out. It could just
        be a fatty lipoma, a benign tumor, but you want to be sure. It would
        be a good idea to have a vet take a look and they may want to do a
        needle biopsy to be sure.

        Itchy may be throwing up the canned milk because of the lactose in it.
        Cats really don't do well with digesting milk. Is this a regular "cat
        milk" product, or regular canned milk like people would drink? In any
        case, it's probaby the lactose in the milk.

        You might want to post your questions to this group that deals with
        more general kitty health issues.

        Since this group here is mainly for heart problems, you'd get more

        Take care,
        Carol and Snowball and the gang

        --- In feline-heart@yahoogroups.com, "elizabethrose1214"